Saturday, January 4, 2014

a new year, a new goal

It seems really surreal to me that it is 2014. I look at the calendar and my brain has trouble processing that there aren't two zeros in the year anymore. Yes, I realize it hasn't been that way for a few years not but I was in high school in the double-o years and they seem seared into my mind. So with every year that we get farther away from them, the calendar looks more wrong. I realize that is probably more than a little weird but whatever. Anyway, as I stand at the beginning of another year, I like to make a few goals and take stock of my progress towards my goals of the past year. 

In 2013, my goals were: 
1. Read More 
2. Write More 
3. Save a Little Money
Surprisingly enough, I met all these goals. I read 108 books (40 more than last year and 4 more than my goal). I have thousands of words written on a story that I love. And I have a savings account. It is currently quite small, but it exists. 

In 2014, my goals are:
1. Read Less
2. Write More (aka finish a first draft of G4)
3. Save a Little Money
4. Be Happy

I am really psyched about my goals, especially the new one: be happy. I am firmly in my mid-twenties and I want to enjoy it! 

So, what are you planning to do this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reread or not to reread? That is the question.

I don't reread books that often. Sure, I've read the entire Harry Potter series too many times to count and a few others have snuck ...