Tuesday, October 7, 2014

No, you just turned 25!

I can't tell you how many times this weekend I heard the words "oh, 25! That's the last big milestone then it's straight on to 30." While that doesn't exactly instill me with confidence, I am stoked to make this year the beginning of exciting adventures.
My birthday resolutions are as follows:
1. Make new friends/meet new people
2. Have new adventures
3. Find happiness in unexpected places
I'm pleased to report that my birthday weekend alone has already pushed me in the right direction. I started off early by tagging along to my sister's work happy hour on Friday where I even gave my number to a really cute guy she works with. I hit up a local production of Grease before staying up way too late to finish a grad school paper when there were other things I would have rather been doing. My actual birthday dawned and i spent most of the day in class (boo) but then watched Josie and the Pussycats with my family (this movie is so quality) before hitting the town with friends. I met up with that cute guy for birthday shots of Fireball (nectar of the gods why were you unknown to me?) then danced the night away at the drag club with my girls. While there, I got a tarot reading by a queen named Kitty who was so on point that I'm still thinking about it. On the way back to the car, we got caught in a torrential downpour that left us soaked to the skin and shivering but I really didn't care.
I could not have asked for a better birthday weekend. It set the bar high for the year to come but I'm ready to hit the ground running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reread or not to reread? That is the question.

I don't reread books that often. Sure, I've read the entire Harry Potter series too many times to count and a few others have snuck ...