Monday, August 10, 2015

Critique partners and donuts

Three summers ago (what?!) I reached out to Alex Yuschik after a guest post on The Great Noveling Adventure and we swapped some chapters and the rest, as they say, is history.
Her book is fabulous and I've loved watching it grow and change. And she is equally fabulous herself. She's supportive and honest and quirky and gives comments that make me laugh and think about how to make my work better at the same time.
This past weekend, we were in the same city. Also in this city is a fabulous donut shop. A meet up simply had to happen.
And it was amazing. We ate donuts, we talked about books. We talked about life. We talked about our anthropomorphized cars. We even wrote a tiny bit. All was awesome.
Meeting Alex in the flesh was fantastic and I hope we manage to meet up again soon. Until then, pictures or it didn't happen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reread or not to reread? That is the question.

I don't reread books that often. Sure, I've read the entire Harry Potter series too many times to count and a few others have snuck ...