Saturday, February 22, 2014

Loss

Earlier this week I lost my best friend, my cat Tiki. For the past 19 years, we have gone through everything together. I alternate between missing her like crazy and being unable to internalize that she is gone. The day after her death I wanted to do nothing but curl up in my bed and cry but I couldn't because I had to spend an entire day doing musical rehearsal with inner city children. I had to get up and keep going with my life. AND IT SUCKED. But a few days later I think it probably sucked less than crying alone at home. I am still sad but making myself do my day to day activities has helped me remember the happy times and be glad for all the years I had her with me.

2 comments:

  1. I am so, so sorry for your loss! My pet rabbit, of ten years, passed away this week, too. Even when I'm feeling sad and thinking about him, I'll look over to where I expect him and his stuff to be, and feel shocked and confused that he's confused. I can't quite keep it in my mind, it doesn't really make sense. And then, most horribly, my brain will try to make myself understand by thinking about it over and over again, which is basically just a horrible torture.

    So... I'm right there with you. I'm so sorry your friend is gone. I'm glad you guys found each other and had so many years.

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how it feels. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with that too. *HUGS*

      Delete

To reread or not to reread? That is the question.

I don't reread books that often. Sure, I've read the entire Harry Potter series too many times to count and a few others have snuck ...