Sunday, March 2, 2014

Make it Spring!!

It is supposed to be -5 degrees tonight and all I have to say is how incredibly done I am with winter. I've spent the vast majority of this winter in Buffalo, NY where the current snowfall total is 106 inches. Don't get me wrong, I love winter, I love snow, but ughhhh I am so ready to be able to feel my face when I walk outside!

This bone-chilling winter has taken its toll on me. Not only have I been busy with musical day jobs but I have been so cold and tired that I would barely make it home to bundle up in blankets and vegetate on the couch or in bed. I left friendships get buried in the snow and writing was all but forgotten. I wasn't even reading very much. I had bursts of motivation and creativity but overall I was pretty sad and blah. Oh, and cold. Very cold.

With no end in sight to this frigid winter, I finally made the decision to stop being so blah and sad. I grabbed my proverbial shovel and dug my friendships out of the snow and started the thawing process. I picked up my notebook and wrote. I turned the page and read. It wasn't easy but I forced myself to do it and a week later I am incredibly happy that I did.

Now to maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reread or not to reread? That is the question.

I don't reread books that often. Sure, I've read the entire Harry Potter series too many times to count and a few others have snuck ...