Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What's Up Wednesday #2

It's been a few weeks, but I'm back on the WUW bandwagon!

WHAT I'M READING: Remember how in my last post I said I didn't plan to read anymore ebooks for a while because I don't really like the digital reading thing? Well, I lied. I saw a really cute looking book on sale for .99 in a tweet by @SwoonRomance and I bought it (I had a gift card with some change left over so it was basically free). It was Class of 98  by A.L. Player. It was super cute and enjoyable. It was described as "Back to the Future meets She's All That" and if that isn't enough to sell you on it, we're from different cliques, generations, and possibly even planets. Still not a fan of reading on the app though :/ 
I also just read Chasing Boys by Karen Tayleur. Another stellar Australian YA author. If you ever had an obsessive crush on a boy this is the book that will validate all of your behavior :) 

WHAT I'M WRITING: I'm still drafting for Goodbye Good -Goody Girl but I got a chapter and a half done this week so no complaints. I love writing the friendships in this book. Romance is secondary to the triumvirate of awesome these ladies share.  


WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW: I'm inspired by the great YA books I've been reading, the fantastic MS I read from Alex Yuschik, and the beautiful weather (70 and sunny!). I want to get out and do things for the first time in MONTHS. YAY for feeling happy again :) 

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO: I'm done with musical season (bittersweet) and am gearing up for a long term sub position at a new district. I've been visiting my boyfriend, replacing the ridiculous dual exhaust on my car, fixing my washer, and just soaking up the sun. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To reread or not to reread? That is the question.

I don't reread books that often. Sure, I've read the entire Harry Potter series too many times to count and a few others have snuck ...