Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day Jobs

My day job is currently teaching reading enrichment to K-12 students. It means I spend all day talking about how much I love reading and trying to get kids to feel the same way. It also means that I spend all day reading books.

For me, reading leads to writing. Which is great. EXCEPT that teaching is the least conducive day job to sneaky writing. You have to be completely attentive to your students, especially the younger ones. And obviously, that is when I have all the ideas. 

I carry a notebook at all times but even just jotting down notes is really difficult when teaching. I feel like I have no down time and the ideas just bounce around demanding attention that I don't have for them! It's incredibly frustrating. 

Stupid day jobs....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reread or not to reread? That is the question.

I don't reread books that often. Sure, I've read the entire Harry Potter series too many times to count and a few others have snuck ...